West Ham United vs Brentford Prediction and Betting Tips
West Ham will entertain local rivals Brentford at the London stadium tomorrow.
The hosts resumed their league campaign on Monday against Arsenal. Said Benrahma opened the scoring from the penalty spot but the league leaders produced a brilliant comeback in the second half to secure a 3-1 win at home.
It was the fourth defeat in a row for the Hammers, who are in 16th place in the league table with 14 points to their name, just one point above the relegation zone.
Brentford resumed their league campaign against London rivals Tottenham at home on Monday. They took a two-goal lead thanks to goals from Vitaly Janelt and Ivan Toney but Spurs scored twice in the second half as the game ended in a 2-2 draw. They are undefeated in their last four league games.
- The two teams have squared off 50 times across all competitions, with their first meetings dating back to 1898. The two teams have contested these games closely, with the hosts having a 22-17 lead in wins, and 11 games ending in draws.
- They have met just twice in the Premier League thus far, with Brentford recording wins in both home and away games last season.
- The Hammers have just one win in their last six meetings against the hosts, with that win coming at home in the League Division 1 in 1993.
- No team have played more draws (8) in the Premier League than the visitors while the hosts have suffered more defeats (10) than any other team in the competition.
- West Ham have lost their last two home games in the Premier League while the Bees have just one win in their travels this season, with that win coming against Manchester City in November.
The hosts have struggled in their recent games, losing their last four matches and failing to score in two games in that period. The Hammers have just one win to their name against their western rivals since 1953 and might struggle here.
The visitors have done well in their recent games and also recorded wins in their two league meetings against the hosts last season. With that in mind, we back the visitors to eke out a narrow win.
Prediction: West Ham United 1-2 Brentford
Tip 2: Goals – Over/Under 2.5 Goals – Over 2.5
Tip 3: Brentford to score first – Yes
Tip 4: At least one goal to be scored in the second half
Tip 5: Ivan Toney to score anytime – Yes
Liverpool vs Leicester City Prediction and Betting Tips
Liverpool will welcome Leicester City to Anfield tomorrow in the Premier league
Liverpool come into this game on the back of a 3-1 win over Aston Villa. Goals from Mohammed Salah and Dutch centre-back Virgil van Dijk as well as young midfielder Stefan Bajcetic secured the well needed win for Jurgen Klopp’s Liverpool. England international Ollie Watkins scored the goal for Aston Villa.
Leicester City, on the other hand, lost 3-0 to Eddie Howe’s Newcastle United. First-half goals from New Zealand international Chris Wood, Paraguayan forward Miguel Almiron and Brazilian midfielder Joelinton sealed the deal for Newcastle United.
- In 18 head-to-head encounters between the two sides, Liverpool hold the clear advantage. They have won 11 games, lost five and drawn two.
- Brazilian attacker Roberto Firmino and Egyptian forward Mohamed Salah have both scored seven league goals for Liverpool this season.
- Scottish left-back Andrew Robertson has registered five assists in the league so far for Liverpool.
- Midfielder James Maddison has registered 11 goal contributions in the league for Leicester City.
- Zambian striker Patson Daka has scored three goals in the league for Leicester City this season.
Liverpool are currently sixth in the league, five points behind fourth-placed Tottenham Hotspur, who have played one more game. They have won their last three league games, and while the league title might possibly be gone, Liverpool remain firm contenders to finish in the Champions League spots again.
Despite heavy links to Manchester United, Dutch attacker Cody Gakpo will join Liverpool from PSV Eindhoven. Gakpo’s arrival has been met by surprise, given Liverpool’s problematic midfield situation.
Meanwhile, Uruguayan striker Darwin Nunez continues to attract attention for his unique playing style, although seven goal contributions in eight league starts can certainly be categorised as an excellent start to life at his new club.
Leicester City, on the other hand, are 13th in the league and have won three of their last five league games. After a very poor start to the campaign, which saw manager Brendan Rodgers regularly fielding questions about his future at the club, the Foxes managed to find some semblance of stability before the World Cup break.
It will be interesting to see how the club handles the future of James Maddison. Maddison’s quality has often been the difference-maker for Leicester City this season, and the 26-year-old was linked with a move to Newcastle United last summer. It has been suggested that the St James’ Park outfit could try to sign him this January.
Liverpool is the favourite to win.
Prediction: Liverpool 2-1 Leicester City
Tip 2: Game to have over / under 2.5 goals – Over 2.5 goals