Who Are The Teams In CDL?
The Call of Duty League (CDL) is a professional esports league that showcases the best talent in Call of Duty. Featuring franchised teams representing cities worldwide, the CDL has become a significant part of the esports landscape, attracting massive audiences and fostering a passionate community of fans. With its structured environment, the league provides an opportunity for players to hone their skills, build their careers, and make a name for themselves in the world of competitive gaming. In this article, we will delve deeper into the CDL, its structure, and the teams that comprise this elite competition. Best of Bets takes a deeper look into who are the teams in CDL.
The CDL is structured around a season-long series of matches, in which teams earn points based on their performance. These points determine their standings within the league, with the top teams advancing to the CDL Championship at the end of the season. Throughout the season, teams also compete in various online and offline events, including the CDL Home Series and the Midseason Major, offering additional opportunities to secure points and improve their standings.
The CDL is unique in its approach to team franchising, with each team representing a specific city. This model promotes regional pride and encourages the growth of local fanbases. Furthermore, the league’s emphasis on player welfare, including guaranteed minimum salaries and health benefits, sets a high standard for the esports industry.
With the CDL’s growing popularity and global reach, numerous teams have risen to prominence in the competition. Some of the most well-known and successful teams in the league include:
- Atlanta FaZe: Representing Atlanta, Georgia, Atlanta FaZe is a joint venture between FaZe Clan and Atlanta Esports Ventures. With a roster filled with young talent, they have quickly become a dominant force in the CDL, consistently securing top placements in league events.
- New York Subliners: Hailing from New York City, the New York Subliners are owned by Andbox, a prominent esports organization. With a mix of experienced players and up-and-coming talent, the Subliners have proven themselves as a competitive team in the CDL.
- Los Angeles Thieves: Based in Los Angeles, California, the Los Angeles Thieves are owned by 100 Thieves, an organization founded by former Call of Duty professional player Matthew “Nadeshot” Haag. With a strong roster and a dedicated fanbase, the Thieves are consistently competitive in the CDL.
- London Royal Ravens: The London Royal Ravens are the CDL’s sole representative from the United Kingdom. Owned by ReKTGlobal, the organization behind Rogue, the Royal Ravens have quickly gained a following with their distinctive branding and commitment to European talent.
- Toronto Ultra: Representing Toronto, Canada, the Toronto Ultra is owned by OverActive Media. As one of two Canadian teams in the CDL, the Ultra has fostered a strong fanbase in the region and remains a competitive presence in the league.
- Minnesota RØKKR: Hailing from Minneapolis, Minnesota, the Minnesota RØKKR is a joint venture between WISE Ventures Esports and Gary Vaynerchuk’s VaynerGaming. With a roster of experienced players, the RØKKR has become a formidable contender in the CDL.
- Florida Mutineers: Representing the Sunshine State, the Florida Mutineers are owned by Misfits Gaming. With a mix of seasoned players and up-and-coming talent, the Mutineers have made a name for themselves in the CDL, securing top placements in several events.
- Seattle Surge: Based in Seattle, Washington, the Seattle Surge is owned by the Aquilini Group, the organization behind the Vancouver Titans in the Overwatch League. The Surge’s roster features a blend of veteran talent and promising newcomers, making them a competitive force in the CDL.
- OpTic Texas: Representing the Lone Star State, OpTic Texas is owned by the Immortals Gaming Club. The team rebranded from OpTic Gaming Los Angeles in the 2021 season, returning to its Texas roots. With a storied history in Call of Duty esports, OpTic Texas has a dedicated fanbase and remains a top contender in the CDL.
- Boston Breach is new to CDL this year. Owned by Oxygen Esports and Kraft Sports they picked Boston as their home ground.
- LA Guerrillas is the 2nd team to be based out of LA after LAThieves. LA Guerrillas are opperated by Kroenke Sports & Entertainment.
- Vegas Legion takes over from Paris Legions spot. which is now owned by cOntact Gaming LLC.
These teams represent the best of the best in Call of Duty esports, showcasing a diverse range of talent and strategic approaches to the game. As the CDL continues to grow and evolve, it is likely that we will see new teams emerge and existing teams adapt to maintain their competitive edge.
The CDL’s success is not only due to the high level of competition among its teams but also the dedication of the league to create a compelling narrative throughout the season. Regular season matches are accompanied by engaging storylines and rivalries, fueled by player transfers, team dynamics, and the ever-present quest for glory. As a result, the CDL has managed to capture the imagination of fans worldwide, creating a thriving community that eagerly anticipates each new match and event.
Furthermore, the CDL’s commitment to player welfare and the implementation of minimum salaries and health benefits have raised the bar for the esports industry as a whole. By ensuring that players are well taken care of, the league helps attract top talent and fosters an environment in which players can focus on honing their skills and delivering high-quality gameplay.
As the CDL continues to grow and evolve, it is poised to remain at the forefront of the esports world. With its unique structure, passionate fanbase, and commitment to player welfare, the CDL sets an example for other esports leagues to follow. The future of Call of Duty esports looks bright, and the CDL will undoubtedly continue to be a driving force in the industry for years to come.
So who is your money on? Below are the latest odds for the upcoming CDL matches or head to our esports page for more betting odds