HELP & SUPPORT
UK Gambling Statistics and Data
The UK Gambling Industry has been on the charge for many years, and it’s still rapidly growing today. But this is no surprise. The industry provides gamblers with several ways to win, as well as different odds and potential winning.
There are virtually limitless opportunities to have fun and make money.
With a strong UK based team, as a company we know the market’s demographics and based on that, know how our players can get the most out of their gambling experience across multiple platforms.
• The UK gambling industry is worth £14.3 billion. Revenue from online gambling, including sports betting, accounts for £5.5 billion of that total.
• Slots are the most popular online casino game in the UK, accounting for 69.3% of all online gaming income.
• Online bingo has become one of the fastest-growing sectors in recent years, with revenue increasing 12.5% to £198 million between 2019 and 2020.
• Almost 40% of UK sports betting revenue is generated by football. Each year, more than £786 million is wagered on the beautiful game. Horse racing is the next most popular with annual betting revenue topping £569 million.
• Customers aged 45 to 54 years old gamble more than any other age group. According to Statista, 48.4% of people surveyed in this category said they gambled at least once in 2020.
• UK Gambling Commission data shows that 46% of people across the nation engaged in some type of gambling in 2018.
• Approximately 51% of men surveyed said they’ve participated in some form of gambling compared to 41% of women.
UK Gambling Regulations
UK gambling regulations are among the strictest in the world. That means our recommended online casino, poker, and bingo sites are extremely safe. The Gambling Commission is in charge of licensing and regulating operators.
Among other things, it sets rigorous standards in the following areas:
• Security: All online gambling sites and apps have to be secure and include features such as SSL encryption.
• Payment Protection: All payment options have to be safe and your money must be held in protected bank accounts.
• Fair Games: All online gambling products have to be 100% fair. Everything has to be tested and certified by a third-party agency such as eCOGRA.
• Legit Business Practices: All operators must be completely transparent and fair. For example, bonuses must have reasonable and understandable wagering conditions.
• Responsible Gambling: All licensed gambling sites must protect customers from harm. This includes internal security protocols, as well as onsite responsible gambling tools and support.
To find out more about the current regulations and latest updates, please visit the Gambling Commission’s site by clicking here
Bonuses offered by gambling sites in UK
All the best UK online gambling sites offer some sort of promotion. These offers can range from first-deposit bonuses to loyalty rewards, and BOGOF deals. The size and style of each deal will depend on the site in question. However, each promo hinges on one fundamental premise: do X and receive Y.
There are two main reasons gambling sites offer bonuses:
1. They’re a great way to attract new customers.
2. They help offset the inevitable swings associated with casino games, poker, and
Nothing is certain in this business. Therefore, gambling bonuses and promotions are a great way to add some certainty to your experience. Indeed, if an operator promises you £100 for completing a certain task, you’ll receive £100. Nothing is left to chance. With that being said, here are some of the most common gambling promotions you’ll find online:
• Welcome Bonuses: Join any of our partner sites and you’ll receive a welcome bonus. This is a golden hello that gives you something extra as a new customer. Some sites offer no deposit bonuses, which are rewards for creating an account. Some offer those deals and first deposit bonuses, which are rewards you get when
you make an initial payment.
• Reload Bonuses: These are identical to welcome bonuses but they’re for existing customers instead of newbies. It’s worth noting, however, that they’re not always as lucrative.
• Challenges: UK online gambling sites will often run competitions or challenges. The idea is that customers complete a certain task in an effort to earn points. The top performers at the end of the challenge win a share of a prizepool.
• Free Spins Bonus: Online casinos will let you play their top slots for free. Unlocking these deals will be a matter of making a deposit, betting a certain amount or completing some other tasks.
• BOGOF: These promos are particularly prominent in the online bingo sector. BOGOF stands for Buy One Get One Free. So you buy one bingo ticket, and get a second one for free.
• Refer-a-Friend Bonuses: You can often get your family and friends to join one of our recommended sites using a special referral code. Doing that can get you free bonus credits or some other type of reward.