BestofBets.com Best Betting Tips
Many of us enjoy a flutter here and here in the hope to make a few pounds profit here and there. However, it’s worth remembering that there’s a real mathematical science behind getting the advantage that makes betting profitable.
First and foremost, keep in mind the golden rule that risk should always equal potential profits. Make sure you bet with this in mind and you will minimise unnecessary or amateurish losses. Risk is inherent in betting: Understand that there is no such thing as a “sure bet”. There are always percentages involved and a chance you will lose, no matter how certain a bet seems.
- Do research: Look into a team’s, or a horse’s, background and from there research the betting sites.
- Learn to recognise betting value: Carefully consider what odds are being paid out, and if this justifies the risk involved when placing a bet. Recognition of this value is pegged as the most important aspect of betting, and one that separates the amateurs from the professionals.
- Socialise: Stay in touch with other bettors via social media networks. Learning from those who know what they’re doing is far more valuable than listening to opinions from good-natured but inexperienced friends or family.
- Be patient: Watch, wait and consider the variables and odds. You may learn valuable information that is a deciding factor just moments before kick off, and still place a bet.
- Bet with your head, not your heart: Just because you love a team it does not mean they will win. In fact, betting against your favourite team may sometimes result in money in your pocket. There are no loyalties when your money is on the line.
- Manage your money effectively: Put aside a yearly betting budget and stick to it. This will put you in the right mind set to consider your bets wisely and carefully. Take your budget running out as a sign that your bets have not been well thought out.
- Consider placing bets on special markets: You might be better at predicting which player will score as opposed to the actual outcome of a particular match. Exploit this to your advantage and learn your personal betting talents.
- Find betting tips online: Many betting sites predict outcomes and post them for free. Other websites even offer odds checking services that instantly find the best odds for your chosen bet.
- Learn from your mistakes: Don’t consider a lost bet as a crushing defeat. Betting is not an exact science and losses are a certainty at one point or another.